Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Lose Weight Without Starving Yourself!

Why are we so overweight? Why have you put on those extra 30 or 40 pounds? Did it just magically appear? Are you tired of being bombarded with diet pills, diet fads, the next best weight loss plan? I know I was. I chased after them all, looking for a quick fix. Have you discovered there are none, or are you still hoping?

I liked the way my pants, jeans, dresses, and skirts adorned my body. Then they started fitting tighter. The look I wanted for myself in my clothes was changing to a little more hips and stomach. Everyone has their turning point, and that was mine.

My husband liked what he saw either way but I was not happy. I was getting older, and I want to go into those years being able to run, jump and play, whether it is with the grandchildren, or my husband. I enjoy an active life. I fly kites. I garden. Bike ride and find this time in my life the best and want to get everything out of it I can while I still live.

I decided to challenge myself to lose 30 pounds, but I didn’t want to eat pre-measured meals, do diet teas, diet drinks, pills, diet cookies, none of that diet stuff for me. I was going to go natural. The first thing I did, I started keeping a journal of what I eat and drink daily. I did that for about a month.

In that month I read everything I could on weight loss; tips, exercises, foods, etc. I guess you can say I educated myself. I learned more about reading labels and how to decrease calories to take off weight. What took place before I began to work my plan: my awareness was raised on what I was eating or drinking. I realized that by educating myself on food, calories, weight loss tips, and how my body uses food, that my mindset was changing.

For most people weight loss is like diving in the water not knowing that it was shark infested until you get in, that those waters have enemies that will keep you from your destination unless you know how to work around them.

What do you know about losing weight? What is your mindset? Do you know how your body processes carbohydrates, proteins, nutrition? Are you aware of how your body works? Did you know you can lose weight naturally?

Find out how to lose weight and keep it off at www.alternateweightloss.info

No comments: