Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What is the Problem With Fast Weight Loss?

The last diet fad I quit on was the no carbs plan. What I don’t like about dieting plans, requires you too often to eat or drink foods that is not apart of your cultural taste.

Losing weight fast is what some opt to do because they are frustrated and lack patience. Have you ever had a tooth filled? How long does it take before your mind accepts that something foreign has been placed in your mouth? Or it’s like my dog after I give her a bath, for the next hour or so she runs around the house shaking, rubbing her head in the carpet trying to wash off this feeling of wetness.

Any weight loss plan should start in the mind. It took me a long time to really understand this but once I got it, I ate whatever I wanted, including snacks and still loss 30 pounds. Was it overnight? No, it was over a year’s time.

Think about it, you have been carrying that extra fat for awhile, haven’t you? You have adjusted your walk to it. As a matter of fact, your wardrobe has two sizes: the size you are now and your dream size that you look at every now and then, hoping to get down to. Everyone knows you are overweight. It is something you have mentioned to your friends over and over. Even your mind has gotten use to carrying around the extra weight.

I think the mind has a record of the body’s functions. That’s why when something happens different, it alerts us. The body knows you are yo-yo dieting. We have seen this with Oprah's weight loss plan. Even Janet Jackson once said she still feels fat, even though what we saw was a thin frame. The fast weight loss approach may not be right for you. The mind is still thinking “fat,” and I believe goes to work to bring back the fat because it has adjusted to the fat body.

Lose Weight Naturally Without Starving Yourself at www.alternateweightloss.info

No comments: