Saturday, October 16, 2010

Walking Is A Natural Weight Loss Exercise For Lazy Me

I am unmotivated and lazy when it comes to exercises just to lose weight, or maintain it. I think it’s because I have tried different approaches to workouts but when I travel, somehow my routine always seems to be broken. By the time I return home I have lost interest.

What I find works for me no matter where I find myself is: walking. I prefer to be outside wherever possible. It is all about finding what works for you. Certain types of food dieting did not work for me, so I customized a plan to work for me. Exercise habits should be something you can adapt as a part of your lifestyle, otherwise, you start slacking off.

There are different types of walking, you can walk slow, in a stroll, or at a medium pace. What my personal trainer revealed to me, walking fast, kick starts the heart rate and burns the calories. I don’t believe in jumping right in to anything. I like to work my way into my plan of action.

I used a pedometer to measure my steps. Buy yourself one that shows calories burned, steps, etc., as much information as possible. I started keeping track of my walks around the office. When you are working your weight loss plan, it is not a bad idea to keep track of what you are doing.

A friend of mine started working out in her neighborhood by using mail boxes as her goal. If you live in a gated community, or an apartment, you might try walking around your complex. Set a goal to do so many circles, and each day add another. If you don’t like circling, then set a time but make sure you are able to mark your journey in some way.

I have a park nearby and tried to get up, get in my car and drive to the park. It didn’t last long. If I got up one day and it was raining no walk. You’re probably thinking, what happens if I get in a routine of walking and it is raining? Raincoats and umbrellas are very useful tools. If you don’t want to go that route, put on your pedometer and set a path in your house or apartment and get to walking.

Got questions, need answers visit www.relationshipsecretsonline.com

No comments: