Friday, February 10, 2012

How To Spice Up Can Salmon

(Excerpt from Patsy White’s Book: Quick-Easy-Creative
Delicious Meals On A Budget

I love Salmon in the can. Don’t know why I don’t like the fresh Salmon. I am a very finicky eater. I like what I like and anything else ruins a good meal. As you can tell I don’t go out to restaurants much but I am never sure of the quality of food.

Maybe I’m spoiled like that because I have my own personal chef. . . my husband. I have loved his cooking since the day I met him. When I was raising children I cooked, made stuff from scratch, the whole nine yards because I believe children should eat healthy.

Perhaps I like cooking for a group rather than two people. Once in awhile I relieve my husband in the kitchen, make him breakfast, dinner or lunch. He doesn’t require it like some men so I appreciate that.

This is one of my favorite meals Patsy White has taught him. Thank you, Patsy, because before you I only knew three ways to make Salmon: Salmon cakes; Salmon with onions over rice—okay, it’s only two. Sorry.

The day you showed him how to make this dish, I have not eaten it the other ways since. Okay I did have Salmon cakes for breakfast since then.

So Blog cookers, want to be chefs, kitchen haters, this is for you:

Salmon With Peppers and Onions On rice With Plantains

1 can of Salmon (your choice of brand name)
1 green and red pepper (cut in strips)
1 onion cut in strips
3 cloves of garlic diced
5 single pieces of fresh Cilantro
1 Ripe Plantain
½ celery stalk cut in 1- inch strips
1 very ripe tomato diced
¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
2 cups of Rice

In a large skillet add 3 tablespoons of cooking oil; when oil gets hot, add onions, garlic, pepper, celery, Cilantro; stir well; add tomatoes; stir, and add ¼ cup water; 1 tablespoon of Ketchup, stir well; add Salmon, stir without breaking up the Salmon too small; simmer for 3 minutes, serve on White or Brown Rice.

Rice
2 cups Rice to 4 cups water; cook on medium heat.

Peel Plantains, cut in ¼ inch circles; deep fry or in frying pan until golden brown; serve on the side.

Enjoy!

Comment: What are some of your favorites? Love to share.

More quick and rollover meals from Patsy White’s Book at www.print2publish.com book store.

No comments: