Thursday, January 26, 2012

Weight Watching: 7-Must Have Seasonings For Great Food Flavoring

I have always enjoyed great flavor in prepared food. To me there is nothing like a cook who knows how to season, to bring out the best taste in food. I am always looking for great seasonings to improve the flavor of my food.

About two years ago I was introduced to Old Bay and Adobo seasonings by my friend from Trinidad. The Greek Seasoning we stumbled upon while we were vacationing in Indiana when we couldn’t find Adobo.

1. Goya makes a product called Adobo, which is an all purpose seasoning. You can use it on fish, chicken, pork, beef, etc.

2. Cavender’s is an all purpose Greek Seasoning. I was surprised at its many uses: chops, meat loaf, fish, turkey, hamburgers, seafoods, wild game, vegetables, gravies, soups, stews, etc.

3. Garlic Powder.

4. Old Bay Seasoning can be used on seafood, poultry, salads and meats.

5. Salt. You may like it fine, grainy, or the sea salts.

6. Ground Black Pepper

7. Cayenne pepper is also good if you like a little heat in your dishes.


More on losing weight without starving yourself(click here)

No comments: