Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dessert Anyone? How About a Kool-aid Pie?

I know what you are thinking: Kool-aid Pie. . . You’re kidding, right? I thought the same way when I first heard it from my daughter-in-law. All sorts of thoughts went through my head until I learned what went into it and actually made one myself.

What made it attractive to me was the Cool Whip with few calories, plus it was quick and easy for a non-cook, non-pie maker such as myself. Since my first attempt met with rave reviews I decided to try it again and again.

Hope you enjoy. You can always add your own special tastes to the Cool Whip if the Kool-aid doesn’t float your boat.

The ingredients needed:

Two small packs of Kool-aid (your choice of flavors)
These are the flavors I have tried so far: Pineapple, Water Melon Cherry flavor,
and Mango.

Small tub of Cool Whip

A can of condensed milk

Small Graham Cracker Pie Crust

Spoon out Cool Whip, mix in condensed milk, two packs of Kool-aid until it is smooth
And all ingredients are mixed in.

Spoon the mixture into the Pie Crust and place in the refrigerator for about 2 hours

Creates a delicious desserts. The kids will love it! Your friends and family will
fall in love with it and want the recipe.

Suggestion: Kraft Honey Maid Graham Pie Crust is also delicious

No comments: